The School Board of Independent School District 728 transacts matters pertaining to the maintenance and operation of the school district. The state gives the School Board the authority and responsibility to:
- Develop and adopt policies for the operation of the schools.
- Employ a superintendent to provide educational leadership for the district and to serve as its chief administrative officer.
- Provide materials, equipment, supplies and facilities to support an effective educational program.
- Express and represent the view of the school district community on educational issues.
- Provide equal educational opportunities for every child in accordance with state and federal statues.
The School Board is elected to represent the taxpayer's interests in determining how our schools will be operated. The Board establishes policies on everything from curriculum to athletic programs, and these policies are carried out by the superintendent of schools.