American Indian Education Program
The American Indian Education Program of ISD 728 is committed to working together with parents and families in order to meet the unique educational and cultural needs of students of American Indian heritage.
Our services include:
IN ORDER TO PROVIDE SERVICES FOR YOUR STUDENT(S) A SIGNED PARENT CONSENT FORM IS REQUIRED.Please go to the 'forms' download and sign the document.
- Academic advising (K-12)
- Scholarship, College, vocational or workforce advisement and assistance (7-12)
- Monitoring student's school programs to provide assistance (K-12)
- Enrichment opportunities such as tribal history, storytelling, pow-wows, etc.
- Field trips:(to be virtual until further notice) Sugar Bush, Northwest Fur Trade Post, Mille Lacs Indian Museum, Fort Snelling, and more
- College visits including the University of Minnesota, Morris, and St. Cloud State University ENGAGE program
- Traditional graduation honoring ceremony
- Cultural activities and lessons
- Ojibwe & Dakota language programs
- Parent Advisory Committee