Rogers Elementary is excited to announce that we have built a schoolyard garden! All grade levels, kindergarten through 5th grade, will have the opportunity to participate in hands-on, standard-based curriculum through our schoolyard garden.
Research shows that a schoolyard garden:
- Provides students with real-life, hands-on outdoor learning experiences.
- Helps students develop an appreciation and stewardship for the environment.
- Increases science achievement scores.
- Increases students’ knowledge and interest in eating healthier.
- Provides highly engaging learning activities that support our academic standards.
- Improves social skills and behaviors.