The mission of science education in ISD 728 is to provide all students with an equitable and comprehensive science education through scientific thinking, inquiry with phenomena, hands-on learning, and problem-solving. All students will be empowered to be lifelong learners, to meet the challenges of the 21st century, and to be college and career ready.
In ISD 728 we believe that scientific literacy:
- is the ability to pose questions and define problems, make observations, and then effectively communicate results, conclusions & solutions.
- is developed through active, high-quality, and hands-on experiences where they can model and make connections to real-world phenomena.
- develops the ability to think critically and to learn how to learn.
- will allow all students to learn science through actively engaging with observing, questioning, and seeking answers.
- allows our students to appropriately and effectively engage in current scientific trends in their communities.