The mission of science education in ISD 728 is to provide all students with a comprehensive science education that emphasizes scientific thinking, inquiry, hands-on learning and problem solving. All students will be empowered to be life-long learners to meet the challenges of the 21st century.
- Science is an active, hands-on process in which students learn science by doing science.
- Students should be able to pose questions, make observations, and then communicate their results and conclusions in an effective manner.
- Students should develop the abilities to think critically to learn how to learn.
- Science should be relevant to real world experiences.
- Students should be actively engaged in questioning, learning, and being challenged on a personal level.
- All students should be scientifically literate by using a variety of strategies, by participating in investigations, and by using technology.
- In science, the quality of the content learned is more important than the quantity of content covered.