TITLE I RESOURCES FOR FAMILIES
HOW ARE PARENTS/GUARDIANS INVOLVED?
- Parents are invited to attend the school’s annual Title I Meeting. Parents notified of their child’s eligibility for and participation in Title I.
- Parents, staff and students may participate in the development and carrying out of a compact that spells out the goals and shared responsibilities of the child, school and parents for student success.
- Parents are encouraged to participate in Title I meetings and learning opportunities offered in each school.
- Parents are encouraged to participate in Title I meetings at the district level.
AS A PARENT/GUARDIAN, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT...
- To know the qualifications of your child’s teacher.
- To know when your child has a substitute teacher for more than four weeks and the qualifications of the substitute teacher.
- To know how your child’s school is rated on its state test scores.
- To expect regular communication with your school in a language that you can understand.
- To work with teachers, parents and the school principal to develop your school’s family involvement plan.
- To ask for a meeting with your school principal or your child’s teacher at any time.
WHAT ARE THE 5 BIG IDEAS IN BEGINNING READING?
LINKS TO HELP PARENTS SUPPORT READING