Financial Aid Night-Fall 2022 Conferences
The ERHS Financial Aid Night will be held during Fall Conferences from 6-7PM in the Zabee Theater on October 17, 2022. Basic information about aid programs, eligibility, college cost, and tips on completing the FAFSA will be covered. Students are encouraged to attend this event with their parents.
If you were unable to attend this event in person you can view the presentation by clicking hereAdditional Resources from the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
Instructional Video for Completing the FAFSA online: https://youtu.be/FGjCCBafMbk
- To complete the FAFSA online, go to https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa
Instructional Video for Completing the FAFSA on a mobile device: https://youtu.be/BGQQj0wWXr0.
- To complete the FAFSA on your mobile device, first download the myStudentAid Mobile App from https://studentaid.gov/mystudentaid-mobile-appERHS hopes these resources will help guide you in your college planning process.
FAFSA (Financial Aid)
Why fill out a FAFSA?
The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is the first step in the financial aid process. You use it to apply for federal student financial aid, such as grants, loans, and work-study. In addition, most states and schools use information from FAFSA to award non-federal aid.
Attention Seniors and Parents: You Do Not Pay for this service. This is a free service. Please be aware that there are websites out there that will charge you for this service.
Note: FAFSA cannot be completed until your taxes have been filed. Seniors should be completing taxes and the FAFSA. To be considered for most forms of aid students need to submit the FAFSA by the end of February.
Additional Resource Links:
- Minnesota Higher Education Services: http://www.ohe.state.mn.us/
- Fastweb Scholarship Search Tool: www.fastweb.com
- Searchable Scholarship database: www.scholarships.com
- College Board: www.collegeboard.org
- Wired Scholar: www.wiredscholar.com
**Elk River High School does not endorse these organizations, and we do not endorse the views they express or the products/services they may offer. These links are provided for the user's convenience**