Mission & Vision
To develop physically literate individuals who have the knowledge, skills, and confidence to enjoy a lifetime of healthful physical activity.
A physically-literate person:
- recognizes the value of physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, and social interaction
- demonstrates the knowledge and skills to achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical activity and fitness
- demonstrates competency in a variety of motor skills and movement patterns
- applies knowledge of concepts, principles, strategies, and tactics related to movement and performance
- exhibits responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others
Adapted from SHAPE America - Society of Health and Physical Educators. (2014). Grade-level outcomes for K-12 physical education.
Minnesota has adopted the National Physical Education Standards.
- National PE Standards - SHAPE America
- 2018 Academic Standards in Physical Education
- Minnesota Department of Education