The mission of the ISD 728 music program is to educate students to grow as listeners, performers, and creators; inspire continued appreciation for music; and empower students to become life-long musicians.
We believe music...
- promotes a sense of community and belonging through active music making
- develops the whole child socially, physically, emotionally, and academically
- encourages personal self-esteem through creating and performing
- inspires a growth mindset by developing and refining musicianship and music literacy
- develops problem solving, cognitive and critical thinking skills
- encourages communication and collaboration
- promotes music as a universal language
- fosters cultural competency
- engages and stimulates the complete brain in both individual and collective settings
- uses an eclectic approach to teaching, learning and assessment through Orff, Kodaly, differentiation, and other current best practices
- 2014 National Music Standards - National Association for Music Education (NAfME)
- National Core Arts Standards (source for the above standards)
- Minnesota Department of Education