Mission & Vision
To provide instruction that develops learners’ abilities to read, write, speak and listen in a world language, while fostering an understanding of global cultures.
Through study of world languages, students will
- Develop communicative proficiency in the target language.
- Engage in authentic, learner-centered language practice in an environment where risk-taking is encouraged and supported.
- Cultivate an appreciation and respect for different cultural perspectives.
- Connect world language knowledge with other disciplines.
- Identify similarities and differences between the target language and the learners’ own languages.
- Utilize media and technology to enhance language proficiency and cultural understanding.
- Participate in multilingual communities locally and around the world.
- Expand post-secondary opportunities through acquired language skills.