FAMILY CONSUMER SCIENCE (FACS)
The mission of Family and Consumer Sciences is to prepare students to manage a healthy personal life, family life and career. Our curriculum supports students as they develop skills through experiential learning to successfully participate in a diverse, global society.
To prepare students to manage a healthy personal life, family life and career.
- Teaching interpersonal skills makes families strong.
- Strong family relationships are necessary so individuals can become contributing members of society.
- Effective parenting and caregiving is a learned process.
- Personal Development
- A positive self esteem is essential.
- Students need specific opportunities to develop and enhance self esteem.
- Proper nutrition maximizes individual development.
- Effective interpersonal skills are essential for family, social and occupational success.
- Career Preparation
- Students need to learn how to work cooperatively in groups.
- Students need to prepare for independent living after graduation.
- Informed decision-making is essential to become a knowledgeable consumer and employee.
- Learning Environment
- Active student participation leads to effective learning.
- Application of technology enhances learning.