To provide a basic understanding of family life and human sexuality education.
- Parents have the primary responsibility for teaching their children about family life and human sexuality.
- Family, peers, schools, community organizations, faith communities, health care systems and media all play a significant role in educating youth about healthy relationships and human sexuality.
- Schools have the responsibility to provide current, accurate and factual information and materials.
- Our curriculum is developmentally appropriate, focuses on healthy relationships and promotes positive communication skills and responsible decision-making.
- Abstinence is the safest, healthiest option for youth.
- Parents have the right to be informed about what is taught in each grade level and have the right to exercise the "opt out" provision if they so choose.