ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS (ELA)
To provide instruction that develops 21st century literacy skills to empower each student to become a lifelong learner and a meaningful contributor to our global community.
Lifelong learners will…
- demonstrate proficiency in literacy skills through a variety of assessments;
- communicate effectively through speaking and writing while considering and honoring various perspectives;
- read and respond to a variety of genres and multiple perspectives;
- expand their vocabulary and knowledge base through independent reading;
- access, evaluate, and accurately use media and technology;
- develop and use creativity and critical thinking skills;
- connect and contribute skills from the classroom to the global community;
- monitor progress and adjust learning to reach goals.
Early Childhood-12th Grade English Language Arts Curriculum Cycle Committee (2017)