Application for Educational Benefits
Our school provides healthy meals each day. Did you know...during the 2023 Minnesota Legislative Session lawmakers signed into law the Free School Meals program for students beginning in the 2023-24 school year. All students will be eligible for one reimbursable breakfast and one reimbursable lunch per day free of charge. ISD 728 will continue to collect the Application for Educational Benefits to determine if students qualify for free or reduced-price meals.
- Students qualifying for benefits increases federal and state funding to support learning experiences for students.
- You can apply ANYTIME throughout the school year, EVERY year!
- Qualifying for benefits also helps your family reduce fees in other areas of your child’s school experience.
- You need to apply EVERY YEAR, it doesn't carry over from the previous year.
- Once approved, you will receive a letter of your eligibility. You will need to provide a copy of this letter to your school office for reduced fees in other school-related programs, such as activity fees. Your school office can only obtain a copy of this letter through you. When you receive your letter, please keep it throughout the school year.
If you have other questions or need assistance, call Patti Naugle at 763-241-3515.