Signing Up to Become a Volunteer
- Complete the Volunteer Signup form and return to Zimmerman Elementary School.
- Email Marie.Johnson@isd728.org to request a background check link be sent to you. Once you submit this request, you will receive a link to a Background Check Form from ISD 728 Volunteers.
- Volunteers without a current approved background check on file will be asked to pay the processing fee of $10.25. Approved background checks are valid for up to three years. ISD 728 is a great place to live and learn – and it’s even better when our families are involved. If the background check processing fee is a hardship for your family, please communicate with your child’s principal to explore options.
- When you have been approved you will receive an email notice. In addition, the Parent Liaison will notify the appropriate teacher(s) that you have been approved. You will also be notified if you do not pass the background check process.
As your interests and availability change throughout the year, please feel free to contact the Parent Liaison.
- Sign-in and sign-out in the school office each time you volunteer.
- You will receive a visitor badge to wear during your volunteer time. Please wear your badge in a visible place at all times.
- Call Zimmerman Elementary School office (763-241-3475) if you are unable to fulfill your volunteer responsibility for a particular day.
Enjoy your time as a Zimmerman Elementary School volunteer. Your time benefits students, staff and our community. Thank you!