- Students whose absences are excused are required to make up all assignments missed or to complete alternative assignments as deemed appropriate by the classroom teacher.
- Work missed because of absence must be made up in accordance with attendance procedures.
- Absences resulting from official suspension will be handled in accordance with the Pupil Fair Dismissal Act, Minn. Stat. §§ 121A.40-121A.56.
- Days during which a student is suspended from school shall not be counted in a student’s total cumulated unexcused absences.
- In cases of recurring unexcused absences, the administration may also request the county attorney to file a petition with the juvenile court, pursuant to Minnesota statutes.
- Students with unexcused absences shall be subject to discipline in accordance with district and/or state policies and statutes.