ACT Test Information
All current Juniors (Class of 2022) will be taking the ACT for FREE on Tuesday, April 13, 2021, and are automatically registered for the test by the school district. No online registration for this test date. More details will follow.
The ACT is:
- A college entrance exam typically taken by Juniors in the spring.
- Required by many four-year colleges.
- A timed, standardized exam covering the areas of: English, Reading, Math, Science.
- Writing section is optional.
- Offered in various locations on:
- Dec 12, 2020
- Feb 6, 2021
- April 17, 2021
- June 12, 2021
- July 17, 2021
If you plan to take the ACT outside of RHS please proceed to register online through the ACT Website: www.act.org and use the information below to register:
- Rogers High School Code: 242110
- ACT No Writing: $55.00
- ACT Plus Writing: $70.00
- See ACT website for registration deadlines
Prepare for the ACT
An ACT practice test will:
- help prepare student for the official ACT test
- pinpoint weaknesses and strengths on the ACT
The ACT website offers free practice tests, study guides, and courses.
MCIS is a web based program that ISD728 has purchased for all of our students. Students have the ability to take a full length practice ACT test three times. Students should login using their personal login:
Username: student isd728 email address
Password: Royals (student lunch number) example: Royals12345
This workshop is for students of any ability level and will cover a variety of general test-taking skills and strategies. Participants will receive practice tests and a special manual to take home.
Registration: Community Education offers this class at specific times throughout the year. Contact community education at (763)241-3520 for more information.
*use coupon code ElkRiverTestPrep for this special ISD 728 discount.
Penny with Great Goals ACT offers various seminars to help with studying and preparing for the ACT.
Two different test prep seminars are offered the basic course (15 hours) and the premier course (30 hours). Students are given practice tests in specific subject areas, test strategies are taught, tests are corrected and students are assigned homework to complete before the next seminar.
Registration: Students can register online at greatgoalstutoring.com. You can also call (763)-213-5728 for more information.
This free online course features a full-length diagnostic test in English, Math, Reading, Science and Writing, a personalized learning path with lessons and quizzes, and three full-length practice tests, with detailed answer explanations for each question. Scoring is scaled in accordance with the ACT and provided by content area and overall score. The course’s subject areas includes all of the areas tested on the actual ACT exam. The self-paced online course features interactive games, exercises and flashcards.
Here's how it works:
- An initial diagnostic pre-assessment determines the student’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Based on pre-assessment results, a personalized study plan is created for each student. The study plan includes lessons that target exactly what the student needs to study.
- Short, medium, and full-length options enable the student to get the most out of the course.
- Practice tests allow the student to apply learning and gauge progress.
- The course is available 24/7 from any Internet-connected device.
SCSU ACT Spring/Summer Institute and Live Blitz-St. Cloud
The ACT Spring/Summer Institute consists of 20 hours of classroom instruction covered in an intensive one-week format. The Summer Institute features instruction from an ACT test preparation expert and extensive online review tools. Our comprehensive program emphasizes the ACT test components: Test Taking Strategies, Question Formats, Math, English, Reading Comprehension and Science Reasoning.
The ACT Blitz is an intensive test prep program that provides students with the tools they need to prepare for the ACT. The ACT Blitz is offered during the academic year to prepare students to reach the test date of their choice at peak performance. These courses meet once per week, allowing time to practice new skills during the week. Our multi-week format of the ACT Prep Course leads to greater opportunities for learning and interaction with our expert instructors. Courses are conveniently scheduled in the weeks leading up to the most popular ACT dates and include 16 hours of instruction.
*The Rogers Guidance Office also has free ACT practice pamphlets with sample test questions and answers.