CTE Internships: Students & Parents
ISD 728 offers CTE Internships to Juniors and Seniors as an opportunity to learn a variety of employability and technical skills through paid internships.
- A student needs to have school counselor, CTE teacher or WBL Coordinator approval.
- Students will attend class one day a week and work 10+ hours a week.
- Students will provide their own transportation and have parent permission.
- Priority will be given to those that have successfully taken classes in the CTE career pathways.
Students interested in a CTE internship should talk to their CTE teacher and complete the application. Work Based Learning Coordinators will interview the students and follow up about current opportunities or work with local businesses to develop new sites as needed.
- Professional references and networking.
- Understand careers in the industry.
- Gain hands-on skills and experience.
- Self Confidence.
- Dependability and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Excellent customer services and communication skills.
- Willingness to improve your people skills.