Looking forward to 2020-21
Dear RMS Families-
I am writing to introduce myself to you as your principal effective July 1, 2020. I would like to share just a little bit about myself, provide school updates and then spend time reminding you about the dedicated individuals serving your children.
A few details about me:
- I previously served at RMS for 15 years as a teacher and assistant principal and most recently was the assistant principal at Prairie View Elementary and Middle School for two years.
- I live in Zimmerman with my husband, son and our dog Dorothy.
- I also serve on our ROADS Education Foundation board which is a foundation for educational scholarships for RHS seniors and provides classroom grants for schools in Otsego and Rogers. (we always need new members, check out our website)
I enjoy working with middle level students and believe that the middle years are critical for the development of relationship skills and self-awareness in an ever changing world. The staff of RMS and I look forward to collaborating with you to provide opportunities for our students to practice these skills as we look toward an uncertain start to the 2020-21 school year.
As of now we have a date picked for open house, Thursday, September 3rd. We don’t know for certain what our open house will actually look like, so thank you for your patience as we navigate the guidance from federal and state agencies.
We do know for certain that we have a committed staff that puts students first. They show up, whether online or in person, and provide a quality education for all students. I am proud of the academic achievements we have had over the years, but more importantly, I am proud of the relationships built between the students with their teachers, paraprofessionals, assistants, cooks, administrative assistants, health clerks, and custodians.
Thank you for sharing your children with Rogers Middle School.
Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
Rogers Middle School
It’s a great place to learn!
Relentless Pursuit of Continuous Improvement!
Year End Pick-up/Drop Off Day
Tuesday, June 2nd is our scheduled Drop-off and Pick-up Day. From 11am - 7pm parents are encouraged to enter our drop-off/pick-up drive-thru at RMS to complete the following tasks:
- Drop-off Textbooks, Library Books and any other loaned school property.
Note: Chromebooks and power cords will NOT be collected at this time. Students not attending an ISD 728 school in 2020-21 should return their Chromebooks and cords to the District Office.
- Pick-up Yearbooks. All yearbook purchases are prepaid and there will not be additional yearbooks for sale.
- Pick-up Personal Belongings gathered from academic and PE lockers.
Below you will find the traffic plan we intend to use for drop-off and pick-up. In an effort to keep traffic flowing and maximize efficiency, please:
- Avoid any form of congregating.
- Follow the posted signs.
- Display a sign with your student’s name and current grade upon arrival to each station; this will help us maintain proper social distancing.
Thank you, in advance, for your cooperation as we complete these important end of the year tasks!
Media Center NewsStill Have Library Books?Mrs. Allen has emailed notices to students with library books still checked out. Notices were also emailed to parents. Please return all library books on Tuesday, June 2. Questions about what you have checked out? Contact Mrs. Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Reading ChallengeResearch shows that if students read 4-6 books over the summer break, it helps maintain their current reading level. Read more books and they’ll make gains in their reading! This year's Summer Reading Challenge has two choices: set a goal for the number of books you'd like to read OR set a goal for the number of minutes you'd like to read this summer. There's a bonus activity too--STREAKS!Check out the Media Center's website for more information and digital copies of the Challenge or download a printable PDF of the Challenge HERE.
Deadline for Transportation Verification
The June 8, 2020 date is quickly approaching to verify student transportation information for the 2020-2021 school year. If you have not yet verified transportation information for your student, please take a moment to do so now.
Current busing information is located in the Campus Parent Portal, which is our student information system. This is the same system families use to check their child’s grades, attendance, and report cards.
To verify this information, please sign into your Campus Parent Portal account and review your child’s busing information under “Transportation” prior to June 8, 2020. Step-by-step instructions for Parent Portal access, account information, and using the Parent Portal can be found by visiting www.isd728.org/ParentPortal.
If the information listed in Campus Parent Portal is correct, you do not need to do anything further.
If any transportation information is incorrect, please make the corrections on this Transportation Form which can also be found by visiting www.isd728.org/
TransportationForm. Please complete the online form and submit it directly to Vision Transportation or download, print, and return a completed paper form by June 8, 2020. Paper forms can be returned by mail, fax or email according to the directions on the form.
- Incoming Kindergarten students will be added to Campus Parent Portal after the end of the current school year.
- For students in Grades 6 -10, the pick-up and drop-off location will revert to the home address for the 2020 - 2021 school year. If transportation is needed from a different location other than the student’s home, a Transportation Form is needed.
- For students who will be in Grades 11 & 12 next year and need transportation, a parent or guardian must request bus transportation using the Transportation Form.
- NWSISD students, living outside the ISD 728 District boundaries, must work directly with NWSISD to confirm transportation.
If you have questions about verifying your information or completing the Transportation Form, please contact Kari Schugel at (763) 241-3400 x1274.
Thank You Volunteers!
Kim Babst, Amleah Behnke, Roberto Bell, Erin Bolla, Amber Byce, Lori Cook, Jayme DeSotel, Victoria Gleason, Cris Green, Bev Haan, Janae Hagberg, Cindi Hochstaetter, Troy Jude, Sara Kellogg, Christina Kempel, Chrissy Kennedy, Tracy Kiffmeyer, Sara Maage, Lori Motzko, Missy Nelson, Kim Neuman, Bob Nylin, Kevin O’Brien, Cameron O’Malley, Shari Orstad, Cindy Peterson, Ann Pulling, Aaron Satterson, Henry Schemper, Gretchen Shaw, Sujeong Shin, Amy Sip, Sheila Slattery, Deandra Strouth, June Tate, Christina Terpstra, Sara Utes, Crissy Uttech, Kari Wagner, Scott Welle, Pam Winge
Thank you to our 2019-2020 RMS Volunteers!
Unselfish and noble actions are the most radiant pages in the biography of souls. ~David Thomas