2020-2021 Hybrid and Distance Learning Childcare
ISD 728 will be offering childcare to Early Childhood and Elementary students through the EdVenture Club Program during the 2020-2021 school year. Please read the following information about Hybrid/Distance Learning child care options:
Hybrid or Distance Learning
- Before School and After School care on days student IS attending school.
- School Day care (start of school day to end of school day) on days student is NOT attending school on regular school days per the district calendar.
- Care offered 6am-6pm on days student is NOT attending school on regular school days per the district calendar.
- Non School day childcare 6am-6pm on days school not open due to breaks and/or staff development per the district calendar. Click here to learn more.
Hybrid and Distance Learning care will be available to all, but ISD 728 will prioritize care per the Governor’s order, to families who qualify under the Tier 1 emergency care workers.
Transportation to and/or from EdVenture Club is not available. If you register for School Day care alone or in combination with Before or After School care, your child will need to be dropped off and picked up by a parent or other authorized person, even though the start and end times of childcare may be the same as the typical school day. This supports the directive to limit the number of students on buses during a Hybrid or Distance Learning Model.
ISD728 families needing care are encouraged to register as soon as possible as space and staffing may limit the number of students able to be served in the childcare program.
For more information and to register please visit our EdVenture Club website at: www.isd728.org/EdVClub-Registration
Rates for Hybrid/Distance Child Care
- Before School: $9 a day
- School Day: $13 a day ($0 for Tier 1 Approved Critical Workers)
- After School Only: $10 a day
Tier One Information:
Per the Governor’s order, school-age care must be provided for district or school-enrolled school-age children age 12 and under who are children of critical workers in Tier 1 of the state critical worker list (BOTH parents are required to qualify as Tier 1). Care for children of Tier I workers will be at no cost during School Day care; Tier 1 workers will be charged for care before and/or after school as well as Non-School Day care on scheduled breaks/staff-development days.
Tier 1 list of eligible critical workers:
- Healthcare and public health
- Law enforcement, public safety and first responders
- Food and agriculture
- Judicial Branch (essential services)
- National Guard (activated under a Governor Executive Order)
- Educators and school staff providing in-person instruction or caring for children of critical workers
- Child care and school-age care providers
If you are an approved Tier 1 family, the office will apply a discount code that will waive the School Day fee.