April 13th - ACT Test (Grade 11), Digital Learning Day (Grades 9, 10 & 12)
April 20th - Register for the 2021 All Night Grad Party and save $25 - See More information below
April 24th - Trades Show & Tell Event @ ERX Motor ParkMay 1st - 2021 PROMMay 3 - 28th - AP Exams - Find the schedule hereProm is scheduled for Juniors and Seniors. We're working to make this a memorable event, with Grand March being held in the Rogers High School Performing Arts Center and dinner at Rockwoods, Elk River. Find updates and additional details here.
Order your 2020-2021 Yearbook NOW!!! Available at Jostens website.
SPOTLIGHT ON STUDENTS. . . . .
ROGERS HIGH SCHOOL DECAThe VIRTUAL STATE DECA CONFERENCE took place over the past three weeks and the results are in! We were excited that 56 RHS students chose to compete at the STATE DECA CONFERENCE during the pandemic and did not simply quit due to it all being virtual.Trophy winners and national qualifiers:
- Sales Project #1 (Ryan Lund, Vanessa Vote, and Kyler Voeller)
- Community Awareness #3 (Quinn Hansen, Katelynn Cornwell, and Brenna Wessman)
- Financial Literacy #3 (Noah Amundson, Morgan Poirier, and Rachel Secrist)
- Career Development #4 (Jack Lenz, Abby Kiffmeyer, and Michael Watson)
- Principles of FInance #4 (Mason Lund)
- School-Based Enterprise- Food (Allison Miller and Isaac Bruskiewicz)
- School-Based Enterprise-Retail (Emma Stock)
- Buying and Merchandising Operations Research (Ryan Lund, Hudson Parks, and Emma Schaupp)
- Finance Operations Research (Jack Lenz, Jake LaChance, Stevie Waste)
- Integrated Marketing Campaign- Product (Melissa Solem)
- Community Giving Project (Grant Greni, Emma Schaupp, Lexi Stock)
- Business Solutions Project (Carson Cornwell, Delaney Jordan, Grace Mammen)
- Entrepreneurship Team Decision Making (Jack Lenz and Michael Watson)
- Hospitality and Tourism Operations Research (Grant Greni, Grant Pawlak, and Grace Mammen) and (Kyler Voeller, MacKenzie Krueger and Delaney Jordan)
- Integrated Marketing Campaign- Service (Emma and Lexi Stock)
- Sports and Entertainment Marketing Individual Series (Melissa Solem)
- Sports and Entertainment Operations Research (Isaac Bruskiewick, Quinn Hansen, Abigail Kiffmeyer)
Submitted by Shalaine Seymour & Janelle Moore, DECA AdvisorsINSTAGRAM @rogers_decaTWITTER @Rogers_DECA
FROM THE COUNSELING OFFICE
April 13 - ACT Test (Grade 11), Digital Learning Day (Grades 9, 10 & 12)
April 24 - Trades Show & Tell Event @ ERX Motor Park
May 3 through 28th - AP EXAMS
Spring Testing Dates
The testing dates for Spring 2021 are:
- MCA Reading (Grade 10) - Week of April 5
- ACT (Grade 11) - April 13
- MCA Math (Grade 11) - Week of April 19
- MCA Science (Biology) - Week of April 26
- AP Exams - May 3rd through May 28th
All students (In-Person and Distance Learning) need to check Schoology and school email for room assignments for tests as we get closer to each test date.
MCA~Distance Learners must complete the appropriate tutorial online prior to the test.
ACT~Distance Learners must create a MyACT account and complete the preadministration portion online prior to April 13th.
ACT Practice Resources
RHS Juniors will be registered to take an official ACT test at Rogers High School (in person) on Tuesday, April 13, 2021. We encourage all students to take advantage of this test. You will be automatically registered by the school.
**Reminder, RHS students can access Free ACT practice tests and study materials on their MCIS account which they can access via Rapid Identity.
Check out other ACT Prep resources on the RHS Website / Testing / ACT.
This year’s AP Exams will take place May 3-28, 2021 at Rogers High School. The schedule for these in-person exams is below. (Distance learning students who have opted to take at-home digital exams by contacting Mr. Noecker before April 15 will take their exams on the first at-home digital exam day for their subject test. (Click here for the At-Home Exam Schedule.)
AP EXAMS SCHEDULE (In-Person @ RHS)
Exam Start Time
AP US Govt. & Politics
AP English Lit & Comp (Gr 12)
AP World History
AP Computer Science A
AP US History
AP Music Theory
AP Calculus AB
AP English Lang & Comp (Gr 11)
AP Human Geography
PSEO (Post Secondary Enrollment Options)
If your student is considering PSEO, please have them contact their counselor. You can view the information on RHS website about PSEO.
Resources to Help Our Kids Thrive from The Child Mind Institute
As parents, it’s one of our most common refrains: “You can always talk to me.” But when it comes to sensitive subjects, having open conversations with kids can be difficult — even when we know how essential it is to keep talking. Childmind.org offers resources to help parents through important conversations that can be emotional, confusing or just plain awkward.
Thinking about summer already? Click HERE to view some external enrichment options.
COLLEGE & CAREER CORNER
While the Local Scholarship Application is now closed, seniors are still encouraged to apply for other scholarships. Check out the RHS Scholarship Website for a list of scholarships to continue your search!
Virtual College Visits
April 6 @ 10:30am
University of Wisconsin - Stout
April 7 @ 10:30am
Northern Michigan University (MI)
April 7 @ 12:00pm
University of North Dakota
April 9 @ 9:30am
North Dakota State University
April 22 @ 12:00pm
North Hennepin Community College
Future Planning Seminars for Class of 2022
We are hosting four Friday seminars this spring to help you plan for your future. These presentations are intended for both students and parents. Click HERE to register for the seminars
CAREER EXPLORATION + ASSESSMENTS
Discover different career opportunities that might be a good fit for your skills, personality and interests
ACT TEST + JOB SHADOW
Prepare for the ACT test (April 13) and learn about the optional Junior Job Shadow (late spring)
CAMPUS VISITS + COLLEGE FIT
Explore college campuses and determine what qualities make a good college fit
TIMELINES + APPLICATIONS
Planning ahead for seniors year and application overview
ACTIVITIES & ATHLETICS
ISD#728 FOOD SERVICE
GRAB 'N GO PICK UP AVAILABLE Daily 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Meal Pick-Up Locations
- Elk River High School
- 900 School Street, Elk River
- Door F, located at the back of the building, off Jackson Avenue
- Rogers High School
- 21000 141st Avenue, Rogers
- Door 10, located near the main entrance towards the end of the circle drive
- Zimmerman Middle/High School
- 25900 4th Street W, Zimmerman
- Door 10, located at the back of the building
- Pick up one (1) breakfast and one (1) lunch, per child, per day.
- Meals cannot be consumed on-site due to health guidelines.
- Meals are pre-packaged to facilitate efficient pick-up with minimal exposure.
- Meals are designed for pick-up only. Families should plan to park in the parking lot and enter the school to pick up the meal pack. Curbside delivery is not available for ANY meals due to COVID regulations.
- Please practice social distancing (stay at least 6 feet away from other people) and wear a mask when picking up meals.
- The following items are not available: infant formula, baby food, or other personal care items such as diapers, toiletries, etc.
Please call Technology Assistant - Jessica Greenwald - 763-274-3140 Ext. 1770 or email Chromebook Help
The ChromeDepot can answer all of your Chromebook questions ranging from how-to-use questions to service & repair on your school-provided Chromebook. We can help you:
-Organize your drive- -Formatting issues- -Assistance with Docs, Spreadsheets, Slides- and more!
Try the self-service fix-it link ChromeBook Troubleshooting
FROM THE HEALTH OFFICE
Upcoming: April 27, 2021ISD 728 PARENT ED SERIESTop 10 Screen Time Tips for Digital WellnessJoin us on April 27, 2021 3:00 - 4:00 p.m.
More Information: www.isd728.org/Prevention-Safety-Parent
AP Exams MAY 3 - 28th, 2021
2020-2021 AP EXAM SCHEDULE
Check out the detailed schedule on the RHS website for AP Exam information, dates, and times.
Student Travel to Panamá in 2022!This is an opportunity for students taking Spanish to explore new cultures and use their language skills! In June of 2022 students from RHS will travel to Panama! Any student in Spanish 1-3 can attend! We will have a virtual informational meeting on Thursday, December 3rd at 7 pm. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested!Gracias,Señora Erin Olson
RHS 2021 Yearbooks on sale now! Buy now before prices go up! Click here and order from Jostens or go to the Rogers High School website.
RHS Main Office: 763-274-3140
RHS Attendance: 763-274-3140 x1604
ISD #728 Attendance Line: 763-241-3555
Last Names: A—Har
Last Names: Hat—O
Last Names: P—Z
At Rogers High School we educate, inspire and empower through developing positive relationships, pursuing excellence, seeking diversity, and building futures.
Our 7 Core Values
We BELIEVE that...
1 ALL people have value. 2 Valuing and respecting differences strengthens the individual and the community. 3 People thrive when they feel connected, supported and affirmed. 4 Everyone can learn. 5 Hope inspires and empowers. 6 Lifelong learning is essential for personal growth. 7 Change is an opportunity for growth.
If you know your students upcoming appointments, vacations, sporting events, or other special events, please inform the attendance office. Feel free to call, email, or send a note with your student. We will contact you if we have any concerns.