The ISD 728 Visual Arts Program provides comprehensive hands-on K-12 arts education, a vital component of every child's core education. Visual arts experiences cultivate creative expression, innovative thinking and problem solving while valuing all dimensions of each student. All learners will develop and apply essential 21st Century skills within and beyond a challenging curriculum. Art education supports artistic exploration and collaboration as students create, present, respond and connect in a global community.
We believe learners will...
- Create works of art through problem solving and innovative thinking using a variety of art media and techniques.
- Present and communicate ideas and personal expressions through artwork.
- Respond to and interpret artwork from a variety of cultural, historical and stylistic contexts.
- Connect to the global community through an appreciation of the visual arts.
- 2014 National Visual Arts Standards - National Association for Arts Education (NAEA)
- National Core Arts Standards (source for the above standards)
- Minnesota Department of Education
Assistant Superintendent of Educational Services - Elementary
Assistant Superintendent of Educational Services - Secondary
Director of Teaching & Learning
Sr Administrative Asst - Teaching & Learning
Curriculum Specialist (E-5 English & Social Studies, MTSS Elem Literacy), Achievement & Integration
Curriculum Specialist (E-5 Math & Science, MTSS Elem Math), Gifted & Talented, K-12 Media Literacy
763-241-3400 x 5004
763-241-3400 x 5005
763-241-3400 x 5006
763-241-3400 x 5013