- All students will make at least one year of growth annually.
- All students will enrich their learning through creative and real world connections within the school day.
- Instruction will be differentiated by content, process, and product based on student need.
- The affective-social emotional needs of advanced and gifted learners will be nurtured.
- All students will have the opportunity and support to reach their potential.
- Ongoing professional development is essential to meet the needs of our advanced and gifted learners.
Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS)
In ISD 728 our Advanced & Gifted Learners model is based on a Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS).
- TIER 1 - Effective Differentiated Core Instruction - All Students
This tier addresses what is happening in the classroom on a daily basis for all students. Teachers provide standards-based, differentiated core instruction.
ISD 728 leverages clustering, flexible readiness grouping, and/or targeted differentiation to support the range of instructional needs within each classroom. This allows teachers to more effectively meet each student’s educational needs and provide beneficial peer opportunities.
TIER 2 - Targeted Enrichment Interventions & Supports - Some Students
Tier 2 is designed to give additional targeted instruction for students who need additional enrichment interventions. While each school may call it something a little different, each school has devoted time when a student can receive additional support as needed. This time may be called WIN (What I Need).
TIER 3 - Intensive Enrichment Interventions & Supports - A Few Students
For a few of our students, the grade-level curriculum doesn’t meet their needs. In those specific cases, a team collaborates to develop an individualized academic plan for the student.
Early Entrance to Kindergarten
For more information on the Early Entrance to Kindergarten policies & procedures, please contact:
Educational Services Specialist
Assistant Superintendent of Educational Services - Elementary
*Evaluations for this program are done in June, with a June 1st deadline for all applications.