Teaching and Learning
“Education is a once in a lifetime opportunity to open children’s hearts and minds to the unbelievable wonder of the universe.”
– Sir Anthony Seldon
ISD 728 is a partnership of students, families, staff, and community committed to educating, inspiring, and empowering our diverse learners. The Teaching and Learning Department collaborates with all members of this partnership to ensure all learners have the knowledge and skills needed to shape their futures, accomplish their dreams, and contribute positively to their local and global communities. Together, we support all aspects of teaching and learning:
- Developing and implementing a comprehensive curriculum.
- Implementing the use of effective instructional strategies.
- Meeting the needs of all learners.
- Involving the community in shaping educational programs.
- Providing professional development for teachers.
- Embedding opportunities for career exploration, planning, and development.
- Preparing all students for post-secondary education/training.
- Promoting practices that assure equity and achievement for all.
- How often does the Minnesota Department of Education conduct a curriculum review cycle?
- When the Minnesota Department of Education reviews and updates curriculum, how often can parents and the public provide input?
- When the Minnesota Department of Education adopts state standards for all public schools, how long do school districts have to implement them? Can public school districts adopt portions of the State Standards or do they need to adopt all of the standards?
- ISD 728 has a Teaching and Learning team, but does it also have a curriculum review team as well? How does it function?
Assistant Superintendent of Educational Services - Elementary
Assistant Superintendent of Educational Services - Secondary
Director of Teaching & Learning
Sr Administrative Asst - Teaching & Learning
Curriculum Specialist (E-5 English & Social Studies, MTSS Elem Literacy), Achievement & Integration
Curriculum Specialist (E-5 Math & Science, MTSS Elem Math), Gifted & Talented, K-12 Media Literacy
763-241-3400 x 5004
763-241-3400 x 5005
763-241-3400 x 5006
763-241-3400 x 5013