Partners in Education (PIE)
What is PIE?
Rogers Elementary PIE (Partners in Education) is a parent group that focuses on supporting a positive learning experience for all students at Rogers Elementary. PIE sponsors assistance to teachers, raises funds for supplemental educational materials and learning experiences, supports school and family social events and provides a forum for parents to discuss information on issues that impact our students. We believe that a team effort between parents and teachers/staff helps offer the best possible learning environment for our students.
How does PIE raise funds for Rogers Elementary?
We hold two larger fundraisers each year. This fall (October 15-26) we are trying a new fundraising event called The Rogers Rocket Fun Run (partnering with the company, Boosterthon)! Every student (regardless of pledges raised) will participate in this fun event where they will run approximately 30-35 themed laps in about 30 minutes with their entire grade (and as long as we are able to hold it outdoors, parents can come, watch, and cheer their students on)! In February, we have the Read-a-Thon fundraiser which encourages all students to read at least 20 minutes a day and collect pledges based upon reading minutes.
We also earn nominal funds through family-fun events such as the fall Scholastic book fair, February Freeze Dance, and the Spring Carnival. We also receive a percentage of sales from families purchasing a keepsake of their student’s artwork through Square 1 Art and also earn proceeds from ButterBraid sales. Box Tops are another easy way to generate funds for our school too! PIE is continually working on making every fundraising event a fun experience and is also trying to reduce the number of fundraisers RES has each year.
What does the fundraising money support at Rogers Elementary?
- 1st week of school treats for students/staff
- $10 per student for classroom teachers
- $1 per student for Specialists (Art, Media, Music & Phy. Ed)
- 4th Grade Kindness Retreat
- 5th Grade Memory Event (end of year celebration)
- Annual author visit – Michael Hall in February!
- Busing for field trips ($500 per grade)
- Family events like the Fall & Spring Scholastic Book Fairs, February Freeze Dance & Silent Auction and the spring Carnival
- Health Office funding
- High School Scholarships for former Rogers Elementary students – Four at $500 each
- In-school programs ($250/grade)
- New teacher funds for classroom supplies ($100 per teacher new to RES)
- PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention System) program supplies
- Playground (small equipment/supplies)
- Safety Patrols funding
- Science Museum residencies
- Special Education department funding
- STEM ($1 for each 3rd, 4th & 5th Grade Student)
- Student Council
- Teacher Appreciation
- Welcome Back lunch
- Fall conference dinner
- Spring conference dinner
- Appreciation week treats
- Veterans Day Celebration
- Volunteer appreciation
How can I become involved with PIE?
Parents, teachers and members of our community are all invited to become involved in Partners in Education. We are a welcoming group and we are excited to hear your ideas and opinions! Join us on the second Tuesday of each month from 7:00-8:00 PM in the Media Center. Please consider becoming a piece of PIE and thank you for your support!
- September 11
- October 9
- November 13
- December 11
- January 8
- February 12
- March 12
- April 9
- May 14