American Indian Education Program
The American Indian Education Program of ISD 728 is committed to working together with parents and families in order to meet the unique educational and cultural needs of students of American Indian heritage.
Our services include:
IN ORDER TO PROVIDE SERVICES FOR YOUR STUDENT(S) A SIGNED PARENT CONSENT FORM IS REQUIRED.Please download and sign the Parent Consent Form.
- Academic advising (K-12)
- Cultural activities
- Ojibwe & Dakota language
- Assistance in preparation for college or vocational training (7-12)
- Monitoring student's school programs to provide assistance (K-12)
- Liaison for students with special needs
- Enrichment opportunities such as tribal history, story telling, pow-wows, etc.
- Field trips: Sugar Bush, Northwest Fur Trade Post, Mille Lacs Indian Museum, Fort Snelling and more.
- College visits including the University of Minnesota, Morris and St. Cloud State University ENGAGE program
- Traditional graduation honoring ceremony
- Parent Advisory Committee
CoordinatorHandke Family CenterRoom #2141170 Main Street NWElk River, MN 55330
(763) 241-3400 x5551
email@example.comAmanda BeachemSecretary(763)241-3400 x5552