ResourcesSenior Year College and Career Planning Guide 2018-2019 Senior Newsletter 18-19College Preparation Information from Federal Student Aid**Please note that students with financial hardships may receive a fee waiver for ACT and college application fees. If you feel this applies to your student please have them sign up to speak with their counselor**August
- Establish academic goals for upcoming year.
- Check schedule for required classes & credits.
- Check ERHS testing calendar. (enclosed) to plan for college testing.
- Certain programs (i.e. technical programs) require EARLY registration. Check dates with the college.
- Sign-up for ACT – December testing.
- Sign up for ASVAB, if necessary.
- Finalize “plans” for after high school – work, type of schooling……
- Schedule College Visits
- Pick up applications for post-secondary schools.
- MCA Math & Reading retests offered alternate months October – May.
- MEA Break…(a good time to schedule college site visits).
- Take the ACT or SAT.
- Apply for post-secondary schools.
- Set up a plan for requesting recommendation letters for work, schools, and scholarships.
- ASVAB test on November 30, 2018
- Wisconsin Public University. applications should be completed
- Early decision applications due at many private colleges.
- Writing test (MN BST) retake for seniors on TBD.
- Goal – submit applications to colleges.
- U of MN/Twin Cities applications due.
- F.A.F.S.A. forms available online at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Completed F.A.F.S.A. online.
- Many application deadlines for Minnesota public schools (4 year) and for private schools.
- Check 1st semester report card for grades and credits earned so far; GPA also reported.
- Local scholarship applications available.
- Final college decision date for 4 year schools.
- Take the ACT or SAT.
- MCA testing 3rd week in April.
- Local scholarship awards announced.
- Academic awards nights for all grades.
- Check credit status with your counselor and register for summer school at Ivan Sand, if needed.
- Testing done for all Advanced Placement (AP) classes.
- Order your final transcript through Parchment.com to be sent to the college you plan on attending (place order on HOLD FOR FINAL GRADES)
- June 7th. Graduation Day!
- Students attending a 4 year college need to request a final transcript through Parchment.com to be sent to the college they are attending.
- Students moving onto college should consider signing up for "Summer Nudging". Summer nudging texts high school grads reminders to keep them on track for college in the fall
- Check report card for credits earned this school year.
- Summer school starts at Ivan Sand.