Course Registration for 2019/2020 SY
Incoming Freshman Information Night
- 9th Grade Information Video from ISD 728
9th Grade ERHS PowerPoint Presentation from the Information Night - January 7, 2019
All course registrations are done through the student's Portal accounts during the registration timeline.
Online registration opens: Monday, January 7, 2019 at 12pm
Online registration closes: Friday, January 18, 2019 at 3pm
Please make your selections carefully as the data from registrations will be used to create courses, plan the master schedule, and hire/assign teachers for the upcoming school year. Arranging a schedule for school is very difficult and not everyone will receive the courses he/she chooses. Therefore, students must choose some alternate courses that he/she would enjoy taking. AN ALTERNATE COURSE WILL BE SCHEDULED IF THE ORIGINAL COURSE CHOSEN DOES NOT FIT INTO THEIR SCHEDULE, IS FULL, OR NOT AVAILABLE.
- Please carefully read all instructions in the ISD 728 Registration Guide carefully.
- When selecting your courses:
- Consider general requirements for graduation.
- Review the course descriptions located in the ISD 728 Course Description Guide.
- View the course sequence charts to help direct you with the right course to take.
- Decide which courses you want to take in high school, based on your post high school plans.
- Discuss plans with your parents.
- Consult with teachers, counselors, and employers.
- Use information that you have available about yourself, such as test results, interest inventories, and past grades.
- Check entrance requirements for colleges and other post-secondary programs before you select courses.
- Obtain teacher permission, if needed.
- Complete grade-level Course Request form.
- Complete online registration through Student's Portal account. Selected courses on the screen are automatically saved - you will not be asked to save it - an you do not need to turn anything into the Counseling Office.
Are You New To The District?
- Enroll your student by completing the online registration.
- Access the Online Registration System to request a personalized registration link be sent to your email address (required).
- Once received, use the link to begin the registration process.
- After submission, your application will be routed to your child's school office and you will be contacted with the next step to take.
- Fill out the correct grade-level Registration Planning Worksheet and mail, fax or email to the ERHS Counseling Office. (The option of registering courses online is not available to students new to the district.)
- Elk River High School, Attn: Counseling Office, 900 School Street NW, Elk River, MN 55330
- Fax: 763-241-3440
- Email: email@example.com
- Bus Transportation: ISD 728 contracts with Vision of Elk River to provide transportation services for ISD 728 students. When to notify Vision Transportation (763-441-4420 or 763-428-7696):
- New students: Please complete the transportation information on each student when completing the Online Registration.
- Grades 9-10: If transportation is needed from a location other than the student's home residence. Bus Transportation Form
- Grades 11-12: Register if busing is needed (it is not automatically scheduled for these grade levels). Bus Transportation Form
Page updated 11/27/18 jkb
COURSE REQUEST FORMS
COURSE SEQUENCE BY DEPARTMENT
- FACS-Family Consumer Science
- Physical Education
- Social Studies