High school coursework must include at least the minimum state course credit requirements. A course credit is equivalent to one semester of study, as determined by the ISD 728. Students must complete a minimum of 43 semester credits in the following areas:
- 8 semester credits of language arts.
- 6 semester credits of mathematics, including algebra, geometry, statistics and probability sufficient to satisfy the standards. Students in the graduating class of 2015 and beyond must complete 2 algebra II credit or its equivalent as part of the 6 credit requirement.
- 6 semester credits of science, including 2 biology credits. In addition, students in the graduating class of 2015 and beyond must complete a chemistry, physics, or Career and Technical Education (CTE) credit as part of the 3-credit requirement. (The CTE credit must meet the standards underlying the chemistry or physics credit.)
- 7 semester credits of social studies, including U.S. history, geography, government and citizenship, world history and economics.
- 2 semester credits in the arts.
- 1 semester credit of health.
- 1 semester credit of physical education.
- 12 semester credits of electives.
Graduation Assessment Requirements
Students first enrolled in grade 8 during the 2012-2013 school year, and after, will meet the Minnesota graduation assessment requirements by participating in Career and College Assessments and by taking a College Entrance Exam as directed by the State of Minnesota.
More information on graduation requirements, including required assessments, is available on the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) website.
Online728 is NCAA Approved.