Student Drop-Off and Pick-Up Procedures
STUDENT DROP-OFF PROCEDURES:
Morning Drop-Off Procedures: Parent drop-off in the morning, Door 1, begins at 8:50 a.m. The first doorway opens at 8:55 a.m. Students are able to head to their classrooms at 9:00 a.m. To make the drop-off run as smoothly as possible, please drive your car to the farthest open spot around the circle to allow more parents to be dropping off children at one time. We ask that you do not exit your car as this slows up the line. If you need to exit your car, you should park in the East Lot.
For safety reasons, children should also exit the car on the right side (closest to the sidewalk). To keep the line moving along in a timely fashion, we ask that children be ready to exit the car once you have pulled up to the circle. Do not allow your children to exit the vehicle prior to the drop off circle. See picture below.
Being respectful of the children and other drivers in the morning will make morning drop-off successful and without any problems. There will always be one or more staff members outside at all times to greet and assist in the morning drop-off.
Safety is our No. 1 priority. The drop-off circle is intended for dropping children off only. There is no parking in the circle at any time. All of this is done for the safety of the children and special education busing.
**Dropping off or picking up students behind the building in the staff parking lot is NOT allowed.
To view map, click here.
STUDENT PICK-UP INFORMATION (NEW FOR 2020-21):
Parent Pick Up Procedure:
- Parent pick up begins at 3:45 P.M.
- Vehicles will come through the circle with Red Twin Lakes tag showing the # and park where we can get 5-6 cars around the circle.
- We will always keep parents pulling up as far as possible for pick up. Parents NEED to stay in their car.
- We will only load vehicles from the lane closest to the building.
- Students should line up behind the appropriate cone according to the tag on the bag while waiting to be picked up.
- We will monitor students to make sure that they do not run to a vehicle.
- Most vehicles will have a Twin Lakes Red tag. If not, we will have to ask them who s/he is picking up. Those students will have a blue note and be standing by that designated cone.
- A staff person will call out the student’s name for pick up - make sure that the vehicles are parked.
- If we ever have any concerns about the person picking up a student, please ask them to park their vehicle and go to our main office to verify the information.
END OF THE DAY PICK-UP ENDS AT 4:00 P.M.