College and Career Center
The ERHS Career Center is now open and ready to help you plan for life after high school! We have a wide variety of College and Career information waiting for you. Here are some examples of how you can utilize the Career Center:
- Career exploration
- Inventory tests to help you match your interests to possible careers
- Scholarship search assistance
- College application assistance
- Personal statement and college essay assistance
- Choosing ERHS courses to explore your career interests
- Gather resources for test prep, military, and college admission
- Visit with college admission and military representatives (see below)
The Career Center is located between the main office and the counseling office and is accessible from the commons area. The Career Center will be open during the following times (hours may change, depending on demand):
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays during lunch
- Wednesdays after school, 2:10-2:30pm
- By appointment with your counselor during the day
If you have any questions about college or career choices, your counselor would be happy to meet with you and discuss your options and answer any questions you may have. To sign up with your counselor please click here.
College admissions representatives visit the Career Center each fall and spring to meet with interested students. These visits are a great way for students to talk with representatives and to learn more about a school and/or have specific questions answered. Students should sign up in the Counseling Office to meet with the college representative prior to the visit. A pass will be sent to the student on the day of the college representative’s visit.
Teachers make the final decision to let a student out of class for a visit and students are responsible for making up missed work.
Click here to see a listing of scheduled visits. This list is updated as colleges schedule visits so please check back often.
Colleges listed in the lunchroom do not require prior sign-up or a pass.
We are proud to have many branches of our Military visit us, these visits are held in the commons during all lunch periods. Students interested in the Military are free to stop by and visit with recruiters. Click here to see a list of visiting Military branches. This list is updated frequently so please check back often.
Male students turning 18 must register for the Selective Service to receive any federal college funding. Click here to find out more or to register for the Selective Service.