Welcome to the Zimmerman Elementary School Watch D.O.G.S. website!
Watch D.O.G.S. is a volunteer program that focuses on increasing the involvement level of men in our school.
The program increases our Watch D.O.G.S. knowledge of what their child is doing at school and provides a great opportunity for our students to work with positive male role models.
Who are WATCH D.O.G.S.?
Fathers, grandfathers, step-fathers, uncles, and other father figures who volunteer to serve at least one day a year in a variety of school activities.
What do WATCH D.O.G.S. do?
- WATCH D.O.G.S. start their day be greeting students as they arrive
- Interact with students in the lunchroom and on the playground during recess
- Volunteer in different classrooms throughout the day
- Seeing students off/on their buses at the end of the day!
How do I sign up to become a WATCH DOG?
If you are interested in signing up for our Watch Dogs programs, click HERE to fill out the form and send it to Keri Jacobson.
- Check out our Watch Dogs Calendar to find a date. You may sign up for as many days throughout the year as you would like and we encourage you to pick an open day. Please check in at 8:30 at the Main Office and help with student arrival. If you can volunteer, but not for a full day, let us know!
- Let our school know which specific date(s) you want to request through Watch D.O.G.S. sign up, calling Jim Gornick at 763-241-3475, or emailing James.Gornick@isd728.org and we will start working on your Watch DOG schedule!
- Remember to mark your sign-up date and let the school know as soon as possible it you need to cancel your Watch DOG day.