for Requesting a
LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION
If you need a recommendation letter from a staff member, please use the following process. (The college application will tell you if you need a recommendation as many colleges do not require one.
- Print off the Brag Sheet worksheet.
- Ask a staff member 3-4 weeks in advance if he/she will write for you a Letter of Recommendation. Provide the teacher with a:
- Copy of the Letter of Recommendation worksheet, and
- Blank #10 envelope (letter size) for each recommendation letter
- Teacher will give the sealed recommendation letter back to you. Recommendation letters are confidential.
- It is the student's responsibility to pick up the recommendation letter from the teacher and mail it to the college (Attention: Admissions Office).