- All instructional spaces should have natural light and views when possible.
- Learning areas for different age ranges should have some degree of separation.
- The building should allow for flexible boundaries between grade levels and subject matter.
- The design should avoid creating circulation pinch points.
- Flex spaces should accommodate a variety of group sizes and should occur throughout the building.
- Performance/presentation space should be incorporated into the design.
- The school should have an open feeling.
- Materials and finishes should be durable and maintainable.