How Do I get involved?
Parent Liaison - Volunteer Connection
Research shows that the number one indicator of a child’s success in school is parent involvement. That can be done in a variety of ways. Include attending conferences, checking grades on Parent Portal, providing a quiet study location, or having family dinners and discussing your child’s day.
There are also many opportunities here at Prairie View. Most are one-time events or fundraisers averaging a two to three-hour commitment.
We are also interested in your special talents. Would you be willing to come and share with a class about your job, travels, hobbies or anything else unique to you? Do you enjoy gardening or repairing items? Get creative! We would love to find a special place for you!
Parent Advisory Council (PAC)
To educate, inspire and empower by collaborative efforts, fundraising opportunities, supporting students and family events, building community, offering enrichment opportunities, sustaining long term benefits to enhance student and family experiences at PVEMS.
Who are we?
The Parent Advisory Council is a group of parent volunteers who facilitate and support school goals to enhance the student and community experience.
Chair: Rebecca Pakter
Vice Chair: Brittany Dixon
Secretary: Alissa Ostroot
Treasurer: Steph Petersen
Community Engagement Chair: Lynne Hanks
Teacher Representative: Erin Rehnblom
Why joun us?
- Participating in PAC demonstrates to your child the importance you place on education.
- PAC functions provide the opportunity to to meet other parents and to get to know teachers and faculty.
- By volunteering with PAC, you gain valuable experiences and and opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use.
- The PAC is a forum for exchanging ideas; attend the PAC meetings to make suggestions & provide input.
- By getting involved, you can be apart of the solution.
2019-2020 Meeting Dates
6:30 - 7:30pm | Prairie View, Media Center
Sept 10 | Oct 8 | Nov 12 | Dec 10 | Jan 14 | Feb 11 | March 10 | April 14| May 12
2019-2020 Upcoming Events
Parent Involvement Meeting, August 29th @ 6:30pm
APEX Fun Run, October 10th
Family Movie Night, January 31st @ 6:00pm
2019-2020 Meeting Minutes