- All students will make at least one year of growth annually.
- All students will enrich their learning through creative and real world connections within the school day.
- Instruction will be differentiated by content, process, and product based on student need.
- The affective-social emotional needs of advanced and gifted learners will be nurtured.
- All students will have the opportunity and support to reach their potential.
- Ongoing professional development is essential to meet the needs of our advanced and gifted learners.
Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS)
In ISD 728 our Advanced & Gifted Learners model is based on a Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS).
TIER 1 - Effective Differentiated Core Instruction - All Students
This tier addresses what is happening in the classroom on a daily basis for all students. Teachers provide standards-based, differentiated core instruction.
In grades 2-5, ISD 728 also uses Total School Cluster Grouping to reduce the range of instructional groups within each classroom. This allows teachers to more effectively meet each student’s educational needs.
TIER 2 - Targeted Enrichment Interventions & Supports - Some Students
Tier 2 is designed to give additional targeted instruction for students who need enrichment interventions. Many advanced students receive this support during WIN (What I Need) time.
TIER 3 - Intensive Enrichment Interventions & Supports - A Few Students
For a few of our students, grade-level curriculum doesn’t meet their needs. In those specific cases, a team collaborates to develop an individualized academic plan for the student.
Early Entrance to Kindergarten Policy & Procedure
Please contact Wendy Schwab 763/241-3523 or Will Campbell 763/241-3419 for more information on the Early Entrance to Kindergarten procedures. Evaluations for this program are done in June, with a June 1st deadline for all applications.