Learn to Skate USA Information
Learn to Skate USA - age 4 - Adult
Learn to Skate USA teaches children and adults the fundamentals of ice skating through a progressive curriculum, giving them the foundation necessary to reach their goals in both recreational and competitive skating. Learn to Skate USA is endorsed by US Figure Skating, USA Hockey, and US Speedskating. Classes are taught by sanctioned instructors and are held at the Rogers Activity Center.
- Registration deadline for classes is three days prior to start of the session; however, should classes reach their maximum participation, they may close earlier.
- If minimum class quota is not met, classes may be cancelled or combined.
- Register early, as classes fill up quickly; you are not guaranteed a spot if placed on the wait-list.
- There is no pro-rating of registration fees for missed classes and no refunds once sessions start unless approved by the Skate Director.
- Pre-testing will occur on the first day to ensure your student is in the correct level.
- Helmets are required for all Snowplow Sam, Basic 1-2 and all Hockey classes.
- Skaters should wear warm pants, jacket and gloves.
- Hockey classes also require hockey gloves, shin pads, and a stick (other equipment is optional, but recommended).
- Rental skates are available for $2/pair weekly; bike helmets are available for $1.
- Skates should have sharp edges to make it easier to skate. Skate sharpening is available at the arena for $4; allow 10-15 minutes for sharpening time. No double-blade skates allowed.
- Parents are not allowed on ice during lesson times.
Registration is through ISD 728 Community Education at 763-241-3520 or online at www.728communityed.com. Please arrive 20 minutes early the first day of class to pick up name badge and general information. Contact Heather Palumbo at email@example.com or call 763-428-0975 with questions.