Class of 2019 Graduation Information
High school graduation is an exciting occasion. The graduation celebration for RHS seniors and their families is Thursday, June 6, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. in the Rogers High School Field House.
EVENTS, DATES, AND INFORMATION:
Preparing for Graduation
- Tickets for Commencement – Each student will receive 5 tickets for seating in the RHS Field House at rehearsal on Wednesday, June 5. The office does not have extra tickets to distribute.
The ceremony will live stream in the RHS Performing Arts Center; additional / overflow seating available, no ticket required.
- Cap and Gowns – The cap & gown color for all students is royal blue. The cost for the cap & gown is $25.00, complete payment on RevTrak. Students, who have paid in full, will receive their cap & gown after the senior picnic on Friday, May 31st. If you do not purchase a cap & gown to wear for commencement, the required dress is black dress pants and white shirt.
- RHS Tassel (blue/black/white) - The RHS tassel, included with the cap and gown package, will be available to purchase at rehearsal on Wednesday, June 5 for students who will wear a sibling cap & gown. The cost is $8.00; cash only.
- Honor Tassels – Seniors who earn a cumulative GPA (based on 8 semesters) of 3.51 and above are eligible to wear a gold tassel. Seniors who earn a cumulative GPA of 3.0 – 3.50 are eligible to wear a white tassel. Students eligible to wear an honor tassel will be notified at rehearsal; 7 semester GPA’s may be checked on Parent Portal. The honor tassel will be available to purchase for eligible seniors at rehearsal on Wednesday, June 5. The cost is $8.00; cash only.
- National Honor Society Cord - Members who wish to wear the NHS cord during the graduation ceremony should complete the payment of $8.00 on RevTrak. Students, who have paid in full, will receive their NHS Cord after the senior picnic on Friday, May 31.
- National Art Honor Society Cord - Members who wish to wear the NAHS cord during the graduation ceremony should complete the payment of $8.00 on RevTrak. Students, who have paid in full, will receive their NAHS Cord after the senior picnic on Friday, May 31.
May 15, 2019
Payment complete on RevTrak
Cap and Gown
NHS / NAHS Cord
June 5, 2019
Tassel / Honor Tassel
Graduation Requirements must be met by Friday, May 31 in order for seniors to graduate.
- Academic Requirements – Only those students who have completed the requirements for graduation established by the ISD 728 Board of Education and the State of Minnesota will be eligible to participate in the graduation ceremony. The requirements are as follows:
Coursework - 43 semester credits, including 8 English, 7 social studies, 6 math, 6 science, 2 fine arts, 1 phy-ed, 1 health, 12 electives
- RHS Financial Obligations – All unpaid fees for the school year ending June 30 will be turned over to a collection agency on December 31, 2019. This does not include optional fees or donations.
Successfully Completing the Senior Year
- Attendance - The school district’s attendance policy remains in effect for seniors through Friday, June 1st (seniors’ last day). There are no authorized class skip days, and unapproved absences will be addressed according to school policy.
- Student Conduct - Seniors who have conduct issues during the last days of school can be suspended from the graduation ceremony.
Graduation Rehearsal and Senior Breakfast sponsored by the Elk River Education Association will be Wednesday, June 5 at 7:00 a.m. in the RHS Commons.
GRADUATING SENIORS ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND REHEARSAL
The Graduation Ceremony is Thursday, June 6, 2019, at 7:00 p.m. in the RHS Field House. Graduating seniors should report to their assigned prep room at 6:15 p.m. with their cap and gown. Students will be notified of their assigned prep room at rehearsal. Clothing for the All Night Grad Party may also be brought to the prep rooms for safe keeping during the ceremony.
Handicap seating will be available on the ground floor of the field house on a first come, first served basis.
All Night Graduation Party sponsored by RHS parents, will be held at River City Extreme in Monticello following the graduation ceremony. The cost is $90 by April 19 and $110 after. Party and contact information are available on the All Night Grad Party website at www.rhsgradparty.com.
CALENDAR OF SENIOR EVENTS
Monday, May 13, 2019 at 7:00 p.m.
Senior Scholarship Night
RHS Performing Arts Center
Friday, May 31, 2019
Last Day of Class for Seniors
- Seniors will turn in Chromebooks
- RHS Talent Show
- Yearbook distribution
- Senior picnic
- Distribute cap & gowns, NHS / NAHS cords
- Seniors will walk in their cap & gown through area elementary schools (student led event).
All graduation requirements must be complete.
Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at 7:00 a.m.
Graduation Rehearsal and EREA Breakfast
- Distribute tickets
- Eligible students may purchase honor tassels
RHS Commons and Field House
Thursday, June 6, 2019 at 7:00 p.m.
Graduation Ceremony - RHS Field House
The building will open at 6:00 p.m.
Following the Ceremony: All Night Party for Graduates
Counselor – Gr. 12