Career and Technical Education (CTE)
What is CTE?
Career Technical Education (CTE) provides students with the academic, technical skills, knowledge and training necessary to succeed in future careers and to become lifelong learners.
ISD 728 is offering CTE Internships to Juniors and Seniors as an opportunity to learn a variety of employability and technical skills through paid internships.
- A student needs to have school counselor, CTE teacher or WBL Coordinator approval.
- Students will attend class one day a week and work 10+ hours a week.
- Students will provide their own transportation and have parent permission.
- Priority will be given to those that have successfully taken classes in the CTE career pathways.
Students interested in a CTE internship should talk to their CTE teacher and complete the Interest Survey. Work Based Learning Coordinators will follow up with the student about current opportunities or work with local businesses to develop new sites as needed.Students, parents and businesses with any questions regarding CTE Internships are encouraged to contact:
- Amy Lord, CTE Coordinator
email@example.com or 763-241-3400 x5016
- Matt Stueber, Work Based Learning Coordinator
Stueber@isd728.org or 763-241-3400 x2296
- Tim Hahn, Work Based Learning Coordinator
isd728.org or 763-241-3400 x2118
- Professional references and networking.
- Understand careers in the industry.
- Gain hands-on skills and experience.
- Self Confidence.
- Dependability and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Excellent customer services and communication skills.
- Willingness to improve your people skills.
Career FieldsFor careers and specific courses review the Career Field Charts below: