SENIOR VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE
This year, RHS seniors have the opportunity to spend their day volunteering on Wednesday, April 24. Traditionally this was scheduled as a digital day for all students, because juniors will be taking the ACT exam at school.
Parents will need to complete the Permission Form here, or print off a paper copy and return it to the Counseling Office. Students are expected to volunteer for a minimum of 4 hours and set their own experience. Seniors should sign up using this link. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact either Dawn Morrison or Lauren Handrick.
Some websites to check out:
- Maple Grove Hospital (this would be a good one for those interested in working in the medical field but you must apply and be 18 if you want to do this)
If you are not interested in any of the above, you can:
- Ask a neighbor if you can do yardwork
- Ask a grandparent if they need any odd jobs done
- Volunteer at an elementary or middle school - reading to kids/assisting teachers
- Volunteer at a nursing home playing games with the elderly
- Ask your employer if they have any volunteer opportunities you could assist with