Facility Use & Procedures during COVID-19 / updated May 28, 2021
As of May 28, 2021 the Minnesota Department of Health has updated guidance related to the COVID-19 pandemic. ISD 728 will continue to enforce our normal ISD 728 Facilities Policies and Procedures but will not be requiring any more restrictive requirements than provided in the Minnesota Department of Health guidance.
May 28-June 30, 2021 - required and recommended guidance
- Report suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 to the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH).
- Create and implement a written COVID-19 Preparedness Plan; groups are no longer required to submit their written plan to the facilities office for approval.
- Although there is no longer a statewide requirement to wear face coverings in most settings, participants are required to wear masks when/if required by MDH and CDC.
ISD 728 encourages facility users to review the Minnesota Department of Health recommendations, apply the appropriate practices and procedures for each renter, and include those actions in the organization's COVID-19 Preparedness Plan including:
- Masks recommended for participants and staff in indoor settings, but not required.
- Practice Social Distancing when possible.
- Continued use of pods where applicable and limited mixing of pods.
- Continued sanitizing commonly touched surfaces, equipment and supplies.
- Parents allowed in building, but still encouraged to exit after dropping participants off.
July 1, 2021 and after - All guidance lifted.
ISD 728 reserves the right to modify, deny, cancel or revoke user reservations due to the following reasons:
- Staffing availability (sufficient and appropriate staff unavailable to cover usage)
- School District Model and health response
- If the above expectations are not/cannot be met
- Previous experience with organization enforcing and follow through on COVID plan
- For any reason, at any time.