Carefully select courses as the registrations' data will create courses for the upcoming school year. Arranging a school schedule is very difficult, and not everyone will receive the courses he/she chooses. Students must also choose alternate courses that he/she would enjoy taking. AN ALTERNATE COURSE WILL BE SCHEDULED IF THE ORIGINAL COURSE CHOSEN DOES NOT FIT INTO THEIR SCHEDULE, IS FULL, OR NOT AVAILABLE.
- Review the Registration slideshow for your grade.
- When selecting your courses:
- Consider the general requirements for graduation.
- Reference the ISD 728 Registration Guide.
- Review the course descriptions in the ISD 728 Course Description Guide.
- Course sequence charts are available to assist with selecting the right course.
- Decide which courses you want to take in high school based on your post-high school plans.
- Discuss your plans with your parents.
- Consult with teachers, counselors, and employers.
- Use the information you have available about yourself, such as test results, interest inventories, and past grades.
- Check entrance requirements for colleges and other post-secondary programs before you select courses.
- Obtain teacher permission, if needed.
- Complete the grade-level Registration Planning Worksheet.
- Enter selected courses from the Registration Planning Worksheet through Student's Portal Account. Courses are automatically saved; you do not need to turn anything into the Counseling Office.