Partners In Education-PIE
Partners in Education (PIE)
PARTNERS IN EDUCATION
What is PIE?
Rogers Elementary PIE (Partners in Education) is a parent group that focuses on supporting a positive learning experience for all students at Rogers Elementary. PIE sponsors assistance to teachers, raises funds for supplemental educational materials and learning experiences, supports school and family social events and provides a forum for parents to discuss information on issues that impact our students. We believe that a team effort between parents and teachers/staff helps offer the best possible learning environment for our students.
How does PIE do this?
The Chip Shoppe fall sale and spring Read-a-Thon are our primary fundraisers. We also earn nominal funds through family events such as Turkey Bingo, February Freeze Dance, Spring Carnival and Fall/Spring Book Fairs as well as from sales of school spirit wear and Square 1 Art. PIE has worked to successfully reduce the number of small fundraisers in recent years and hopes to grow our Read-a-Thon in the future!
What does PIE support?
· 1st day of school treats for students/staff
· 4th Grade Kindness Retreat
· 5th grade Memory Time (end of year celebration)
· $10/student for classroom teachers
· $1/student for Specialists (Art/Media/Music/Phy Ed)
· Annual author visit
· Educational programs like Study Island
· Family events like February Freeze Dance, Bingo, Book Fair and Carnival
· Health Office funding
· High School Scholarships for former Rogers Elementary students (4 x $500/each)
· PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention System) program supplies
· Safety Patrols funding
· Special Education department funding
· Special school programs ($250/grade)
· Teacher appreciation (fall conference dinner, Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week lunch)
· Volunteer appreciation
· Wednesday Envelopes
Parents, teachers and members of our community are all invited to become involved in PIE. We hope you consider becoming a Partner in Education!