The NEW Fall Athletic/Activity Registration will open mid July, 2021
Watch for an email from the activities office with registration instructions and team meeting information
Please read and follow these steps carefully to be fully registered!
IMPORTANT: You are only registered once ALL steps are completed
Helpful Hints for Registration:
DO NOT USE AUTOFILL WHEN COMPLETING THE FORMS
1. You will need your parent/guardian Parent Portal login Information to access Online Registration. Your student's portal login will not work. Visit www.isd728.org/portal or call 763-241-3548 for parent portal assistance if needed.
2. All Forms (MSHSL and ZHS Eligibility, Health Questionnaire and Emergency Card) are completed during the online process.
3. After your registration is complete, you can choose to "Pay with Registration" or "Pay at a Later Date". If you select to “Pay at a Later Date” the fee will be available for payment on the Parent Portal “Fee Tab” after the activities office has verified your registration, typically the next business day. All fees MUST be paid before the first day of practice to be eligible for participation. Contact the Activities Office for assistance if needed.
4. A normal sports physical is valid for three years from the date of physical. You can check your child's physical date on Parent Portal (see Student’s Name, Health Tab). Physicals are not required for Trap Shooting, Drama, Speech, Jazz Band, or Knowledge bowl; however, you are required to complete the Health Questionnaire and complete the Emergency Card.
- If you are in need of a new physical, CLICK HERE for a copy of the current Sports Qualifying Physical Examination Clearance Form. Please have your physician complete, sign, and date the form. Be sure to return the signed form to the Activities Office prior to your current physical expiration date in order to be eligible to play.
5. The ISD 728 Family Maximum per school year is $775; middle school specific sports do not count towards family max. Contact the Activities Office prior to paying if you have reached or are approaching that amount.
6. Please allow up to 72 hours for the activities office to process your registration. Your registration must be completed and approved prior to the first day of practice/tryout.
1. Log In to Parent Portal
2. Click on “Activity Registration” (left side of screen)
3. Choose the School your student attends
4. Click on “Athletics”
5. Select the Activity you are registering for
Please contact the Head Coach or Advisor for sport/activity specific information. i.e. Practice/Try-outs schedules, equipment needed etc.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING ZIMMERMAN THUNDER ACTIVITIES!
CROSS COUNTRY: Open to grades 7-12. Preseason meeting TBA. Practice begins August 16th.
Head coach is Lynda Bouley - email@example.com
BOYS SOCCER: Open to grades 7-12. Preseason meeting TBA. Practice begins August 16th.
Head coach is Devin Chuba - firstname.lastname@example.org
GIRLS SOCCER: Open to grades 7-12. Preseason meeting TBA. Practice begins August 16th.
Head coach is Jeff Downing – email@example.com
FOOTBALL: Open to grades 9-12. Preseason meeting TBA. Practice begins August 16th.
Head coach is Tom Kish - firstname.lastname@example.org
VOLLEYBALL: Open to grades 9-12. Preseason meeting TBA. Practice begins August 16th.
Head coach is Leah Driessen - email@example.com
If you have sport / team specific questions, please contact the head coach via email.
IMPORTANT TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION!
Due to COVID-19 and social distancing limitations, there will likely be a shortage of school transportation during the 2020-2021 school year. In the event of a shortage, ISD 728 may not have the ability to provide transportation for athletic and activity programs. As a result, it will be the responsibility of the parent, guardian, or student to arrange their own transportation. This may include transportation to practices and/or contests. ISD 728 policy states that coaches may not transport students in their personal vehicles or arrange private transportation for students. The District will make every effort to provide transportation, however, outside factors may prevent us from doing so this school year.
When registering you will be asked to acknowledge that transportation may not be provided and waive ISD 728 of liability.
In partnership with the MNIAAA and MN Coaches Association, please watch the short video below The Parents' Playbook
Zimmerman High School offers ALL District 728 Sports.
Sports NOT listed may be CO-OP sports with/at Elk River High School.
See the ERHS Website for more information.