Welcome to Kindergarten!
Your child is about to begin an amazing adventure where they will meet new friends, learn from dedicated educators and begin building the foundation for a world-class education. As you get to know our staff you will see that they are passionate about children and learning and bring that spirit to the classroom every day.
Here are just some of the new and exciting things happening in ISD 728 that will have a positive impact on your kindergarten student:
- Integrating the latest technology.
- The adoption of district-wide science standards with an engineering component that will also be used in kindergarten.
- The use of talented licensed specialists in art, music and physical education.
- Thanks to voter support in 2014, improved space and programs were built.
- Singapore math, a program that equips our youngest students with math skills.
- Extensive special education services that help ensure ALL students thrive.
- A daily focus on math and reading.
Your young student will enjoy a comprehensive education in reading, math, writing, art, music, physical education and media literacy/technology — the perfect recipe for a blue ribbon education! If you need before or after school care for your child, take advantage of EdVenture Club, our extended day program. To learn more about kindergarten and your school, I encourage you to call your neighborhood principal to arrange a personal visit to your new kindergarten class and school.
Welcome to our wonderful school district and congratulations to you and your child for taking the first step into a great future!
ISD 728 Welcome Center
ISD 728 District Office
11500 193rd Ave. NW
Elk River, MN 55330
7:00 AM - 5:00 PM