ISD 728 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, including gender identity or expression or disability in its education programs or activities, and it is required not to discriminate in such a manner. The requirement not to discriminate in its education program or activity extends to admission and employment.
The following individual has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Executive Director of Human Resources
Address: District Office
11500 193rd Ave. NW
Elk River, MN 55330
Phone Number: (763) 241-3418
Questions relating solely to Title IX and its regulations may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator(s), the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights of the United States Department of Education, or both.
For purposes of this policy, the following individuals will also serve:
- Assistant Director of Human Resources or Outside Legal Counsel. - Investigator.
- Assistant Superintendent of Educational Services (Elementary) – Decision Maker when situations relate to early childhood or elementary students (Early Childhood through Grade 5).
- Assistant Superintendent of Educational Services (Secondary) – Decision Maker when situations relate to secondary students (Grade 6 - 12).
- Superintendent – Decision Maker for Appeals.
- Principals -Individuals who facilitate an informal resolution process.
Relevant Policies (posted on the ISD 728 website):
- Policy 413: HARASSMENT AND VIOLENCE
- Policy 522: TITLE IX SEX NONDISCRIMINATION POLICY, GRIEVANCE PROCEDURE AND PROCESS
TITLE IX OVERVIEW AND INVESTIGATION TRAINING