Legislative Action Team
The Legislative Action Team (LAT), a non-partisan group of volunteers, is primarily composed of parents, teacher staff and concerned citizens; district administrators provide applicable support.
The team's purpose is to:
- Make recommendations to the School Board regarding the annual Legislative Platform.
- Work to build positive relationships with legislators representing ISD 728.
- Report to the community (including all parents and guardians) regarding legislative issues affecting ISD 728.
- Determine strategies and tactics for legislative advocacy.
- Enlist support of community resources as needed.
The district asks that every parent, guardian and concerned citizen to become involved in or through the LAT. We welcome and encourage all adults to advocate on behalf of their child(ren) and all students of this district.
The Legislative Action Team meets as scheduled at the ISD 728 District Office: 11500 193rd Ave. NW in Elk River. All meetings are open to the public.z
Become a member today!
If you are interested in joining the Legislative Action Team, fill out our form at www.isd728.org/JoinOurLAT.