TRANSPORTATION OPTIONS for ERHS
Terms and Conditions for Parking Permits
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:Neither ERHS nor ISD 728 can be held responsible if theft, vandalism, or accidental damage occurs to vehicles in the parking lot.\
- All Vehicles in ERHS parking lots must follow all ISD 728 policies.
- Students may not go to their cars for any reason during the school day unless they have been properly cleared through administration.
- Are NON-TRANSFERABLE.
- Must be displayed in your motorized vehicle on the rearview mirror with the writing facing out.
- If the auto information on the application changes (ie: make/model/color/plate #) please report the new information to the parking monitor.
- If a parking permit is altered in any way, student will lose parking privileges.
VEHICLES MUST BE PARKED IN SPACES DESIGNATED FOR STUDENTS:
- Do not park in areas reserved for visitors, staff or Ice Arena.
- Do not park illegally (ie: handicapped space, no parking zones, etc.).
- Do not park in the Elk River Activity Center (Ice Arena).
RULES OF THE ROAD:
- Must obey traffic laws and follow all rules governing Elk River High School parking lots.
- Drive carefully, no faster than 15 mph in the parking lot (wheelies, jack rabbit starts, etc. are forbidden.)
- Reckless driving may result in immediate revocation of a parking permit and may also be subject to school suspension.
- Yield to pedestrians in the parking lots.
- Dispose of litter properly and keep our parking lots clean.
SAFETY AND RESPECT:
- Keep your car doors locked and permit secured.
- Students are expected to be respectful of all parking lot staff.
CANINE SEARCH POLICY
In an effort to help foster a safe and drug free school environment, ISD 728 schools may conduct searches of lockers, classrooms and parking lots using a narcotics dog, in conjunction with local law enforcement agencies. A student or parent / guardian who does not agree with the search may decline the privilege of using a locker and / or parking in the student parking lot. The search will be conducted in accordance with applicable local, state and federal laws. The courts have consistently allowed school officials to search lockers, cars and students if they suspect drugs or weapons may be involved. Students who refuse to cooperate with a search may be suspended for insubordination. If illegal items are found, school rules and applicable laws will be applied.
RECOMMENDED CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATION OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Warning ticket from Elk River High School
- Parking ticket from ERHS and a $10.00 fine
- Boot and a fine of $10.00
- Vehicle towed at owner's expense
- Student parking privileges revoked without refund of parking permit fee
- Parking privileges denied for a future semester of school year
- Disciplinary action by Administration
- Students may lose parking privileges for the rest of the school year if their behavior violates school rules and policies (ie: Suspension, chronic misbehavior, outstanding detentions, fees or skipping).