- Westwood Elementary School
E-Learning Day Today, Jan. 4, 2023
There will be an E-Learning DAY today, January 4, 2023, due to the winter storm with snow, winds, and icy roads impacting our District.
All students can complete school work for Wednesday using the following methods:
Middle School and High School Guidelines
- Our students in middle school and high school will utilize Schoology in order to access their assignments and expectations on an eLearning Day. This would includes Prairie View Middle and Rogers Middle School students in grades 5-8.
- Staff will post their course expectations in their Schoology Course by 9:00 a.m. on an E-Learning Day. These expectations will be posted in the Schoology Updates Section or located at the top of the Materials Section.
Students will receive the eLearning Day activities for each class through Schoology. Course work may include, but is not limited to, online discussions, quizzes/assessments, online readings, completing assignments using digital resources such as Google or other web-based tools. In some cases, students may be directed to complete offline activities such as textbook readings or other assignments. Students and parents should contact their child's teacher if they have any questions regarding coursework.
Early Childhood and Elementary School Guidelines
- Students in Early Childhood and Elementary School will utilize Choice Boards on an eLearning Day. These Choice Boards were distributed to families in November and can also be viewed and downloaded by visiting www.isd728.org/ChoiceBoards. Early Childhood boards will be shared through the Teacher Seesaw Account.
- On an eLearning day, students in Discovery Learning Preschool, Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) and in elementary schools will choose one (1) activity in each of the subject areas listed. Upon completion, the parent/caregiver and child will sign the Choice Board and return it to school. Birth - 3 Program (ECSE) Staff will reach out to families individually to share the plan for the day.
- Click on your school folder to view the grade level-specific choice board.
- If you have questions about the eLearning activity, please contact your classroom teacher.
All Community Education programs, Facility Rentals and ECFE Parent/Child Classes are canceled (today) Wednesday.
All after school activities are canceled Wednesday, Jan. 4, 2022.
If you are pre-registered for the EdVenture Club-Inclement Weather Care/School Canceled program, your elementary aged students may be dropped off for care from 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Wednesday at Hassan, Parker and Zimmerman Elementary schools.