- Zimmerman Elementary School
E-Learning Days: Feb. 22 and 23, 2023
ISD 728 has announced there will be E-Learning Days on both Wednesday, February 22 AND Thursday, February 23, 2023 due to an impending winter storm with snow, winds, and blizzard conditions.
After School Activities
- After school activities today, Tuesday, February 21, 2023 will occur as previously scheduled, including, but not limited to, athletics and Middle and High School Conferences.
- After school activities Wednesday, February 22, 2023 will be canceled and school buildings will be closed.
- After school activities Thursday, February 23, 2023 will be canceled and school buildings will be closed. A decision regarding the MSHSL Gymnastics Banquet scheduled for Thursday, February 23, 2023 will be made and communicated directly to activity participants by school athletic directors no later than 12:00 (noon) on Thursday, February 23, 2023.
- All Community Education programs, Early Childhood Screening, Facility Rentals and ECFE Parent/Child Classes are canceled Wednesday and Thursday during the day and evening.
- If you are pre-registered for the EdVenture Club-Inclement Weather Care/School Canceled program, your elementary aged students may be dropped off for care from 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday at Hassan, Parker and Zimmerman Elementary schools.
All students can complete school work for Wednesday and Thursday using the following methods:
Middle School and High School Guidelines
- Our students in middle school and high school will utilize Schoology in order to access their assignments and expectations on an E-Learning Day. This also includes Prairie View Middle and Rogers Middle School students in grades 5-8.
- Staff will post their course expectations in their Schoology Course by 9:00 a.m. on an E-Learning Day. These expectations will be posted in the Schoology Updates Section or located at the top of the Materials Section.
Students will receive the E-Learning Day activities for each class through Schoology. Course work may include, but is not limited to, online discussions, quizzes/assessments, online readings, completing assignments using digital resources such as Google or other web-based tools. In some cases, students may be directed to complete offline activities such as textbook readings or other assignments. Students and parents should contact their child's teacher if they have any questions regarding coursework. Teachers will be available from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday and Thursday, and students can contact them if assistance is needed.
Early Childhood and Elementary School Guidelines
- Students in Early Childhood and Elementary School will utilize Choice Boards on an E-Learning Day. These Choice Boards were distributed to families in November and can also be viewed and downloaded by visiting www.isd728.org/ChoiceBoards. Early Childhood boards will be shared through the Teacher Seesaw Account.
- On an E-Learning Day, students in Discovery Learning Preschool, Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) and in elementary schools will choose one (1) activity in each of the subject areas listed. Upon completion, the parent/caregiver and child will sign the Choice Board and return it to school. Birth - 3 Program (ECSE) Staff will reach out to families individually to share the plan for the day.
- Click on your school folder to view the grade level specific choice board.
- If you have questions about the E-Learning activity, please contact your classroom teacher.