Important Health, Face Covering and Transportation Information
- Parents are expected to complete a daily health screen for their child(ren) using guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH). The Minnesota Department of Health is expected to have the self assessment document available within the next week, and once finished, it will be posted to the District website.
- Children need to stay home if they have symptoms, have tested positive for COVID-19, or if they have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19 within the previous 14 days.
- Call your child’s school attendance line to report the absence, describe symptoms, relay positive COVID-19 diagnosis, or report that they are in close contact of someone with COVID-19.
- Children that arrive ill at school will be evaluated by Health Services staff and parents will be called to pick them up from school if their child is exhibiting symptoms.
- If a child meets the MDH exclusion criteria, the child will wait in the isolation room and parents will be called to pick up their child.
- If contacted to pick up your child, please do so within 30 minutes.
- Upon arrival, call the main office line and a staff member will walk your child out to you.
- It is recommended that parents contact the child’s healthcare provider if exhibiting symptoms.
- Children sent home with COVID-19 symptoms will need to remain home per the MDH exclusion guidelines (currently at least 10 days since symptom(s) first appeared AND until no fever for at least 24 hours without medication AND improvement of other symptoms) OR until they have a note from a healthcare provider documenting an alternative diagnosis, other than COVID-19.
- Siblings will need to remain home for 14 days.
- In addition to this, if a child is in close contact of a person diagnosed with COVID-19, he/she will need to remain home for 14 days.
ISD 728 will have their existing Health Offices and an isolation room in each school. The existing Health Office will be utilized for medications, blood sugar checks and all other non-COVID-19 concerns. There will be a separate area for those experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. Parents are asked to respond as quickly as possible to picking up students who may be experiencing COVID-19 related symptoms. Symptomatic students will leave directly from the isolation room to be released to parents. Should a student be placed in quarantine, county and public health guidelines must be met prior to returning to school.
Face Covering Guide
A student face covering guide is available at www.isd728.org/Student-Face-
Transportation Survey Request
As we approach the start of the 2020-2021 school year, ISD 728 is planning transportation routes for the three (3) models of instruction (face-to-face, hybrid, distance learning) that may be implemented. We anticipate that we may need to move between these educational models throughout the year and across the District based on the number of COVID-19 cases, and anticipate it may be a challenge to remain compliant with bus capacity recommendations provided by the Department of Health at certain times.
Therefore, we are asking parents/guardians for their help. While we are prepared to provide transportation for all of our children, we are asking parents to consider transporting their own children to school instead of having them take the bus if they have the ability to do so, forgoing District provided transportation services this year.
If you are able to help and to transport your own child(ren), please complete the Parent/Student Self-Transportation Form indicating that you will provide transportation, and we will notify Vision Transportation of the change.
With greater flexibility of space on our buses, we hope that we will be able to provide more social distancing, lessen time on buses, and continue to keep our children healthy.
Note: If you are eligible and opt out of district-provided transportation, but need it later in the year for your child, it will still be provided and available.
Thank you for your help, continued support of our schools, and for being part of ISD 728.